Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Desert Island Books

hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
Today's top ten books are the books that I would want to have with me on a deserted island. This is a difficult thing to figure out because I don't know where the island will be located, I don't know how long I will be there, I don't know if I will be alone (will there be other readers who constantly steal my books and bend the pages and piss me off so that I start a riot and kill them all off and then turn to cannibalism !), I don't know if I will have time to read with all the surviving I'll be doing, etc.
However, if I get the best case scenario desert island experience, these are the books I would like to have with me there.

10. 
Because it's just good sense to have a survival guide when you're trying to survive.

9. 
Because I would want to feel like there are other gals out there who have to survive on a deserted island, too.

8. 
For the same reason as #9 except change "gal" to "guy".

7. 
This book would serve to bring back good memories from college. It would also take a while to read all the plays and sonnets. Plus, I just love everything about this book.

6. 
Because who doesn't need a little humor with their survival?

5. 
I would want all of Mr. Sedaris' work with me, however if I could only select one I suppose that it would be this one. This was the first one I read and I fell in love with his writing and his brand of humor.

4. 
I would never get bored. I could, literally, read about any and everything in the world. I could read about the island I am stranded on and I could know the local animals and if there are any indigenous tribes I need to be wary of!

3. 
Is this cheating? I don't know. It is a box set that is sold like this. In that case, I suppose that I could go and locate a box set of Sedaris' work as well. However, unlike Sedaris' books I have never read any of the books in this series and I feel like my time on a deserted island would give me ample time to start and complete all of the first four books. So, I have decided that it is not cheating and I would like to add the rest of Sedaris' works to #5.

2. 
All the gory goodness in one book; desert island score!

1. Diana Gabaldon Outlander Series 7-volume Paperback Set: Outlander / Dragonfly in Amber / Voyager / Drums of Autumn / the Fiery Cross / a Breath of Snow and Ashes / an Echo in the Bone [Paperback] (Diana Gabaldon Outlander) (Diana Gabaldon Outlander)
Remember, we decided it wasn't cheating!

2 comments:

  1. I think that I need to be stranded for an indefinite period of time in order to tackle my TBR list. I added Outlander to my wish list too. I am almost done with Game of Thrones and I love it so much. I would not mind being stranded with that series...a reread would be most helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bringing Island of the Blue Dolphins too, haha. If only the game of thrones could be compressed into one travel-sized book lol. Here's Ours

    ReplyDelete