|Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish|
Happy 2013! Well, I just had a great low-key NYE. Geoff and I spent the majority of the evening playing a board game and listening to New Years Rockin' Eve on TV. We took a break at Midnight to watch the countdown and ball drop and see some neighbors put off fireworks from our balcony. In honor of the holiday I made Firecracker Chilli and we had some non-alcoholic "champagne" and spent the night in our jammies! It is a far cry from the New Years Eves of a few years ago when I was in full irresponsibility and party mode, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
For the first TTT of 2013 I now present to you the books that I resolve to read in 2013!
10. Life After Death- Damien Echols
Though this one has been out for a few months, I haven't purchased it yet because I like to buy my books from local stores and I haven't been to Park Road Books since it's been released. However, I do hope to get down there soon and snag me a copy to read in 2013.
9. Any of the books on my 2013 TBR list. I'm counting these as one since there are twelve (fourteen if you count the alternates) and that would take up my entire list (plus two (or four, if you count the alternates)).
8. Lolita -Vladimir Nabikov
Nope. Never read it. Always wanted to. 2013 might be my year for it.
7. Gone With The Wind -Margaret Mitchell
Read MOST of it in graduate school, never finished it, hope to do so in 2013!
6. Lone Wolf -Jodi Picoult
I love Picoult's work and I haven't gotten to this one yet. I need to get it read soon since she has a new one coming out
5. The Ocean at the End of the Line -Neil Gaiman
Looks great! Plus, this is supposedly the last book tour that Neil is going to do, so if you want to see him on tour or get your books signed, this is the year to do it.
4. The Night Circus -Erin Morgenstern
Why have I not read this one yet?!
3. The Shinning -Stephen King
I need to read this one so that...
2. Doctor Sleep -Stephen King
...I can read this one which is the sequal to The Shinning. Danny is middle aged and still shinning like a crazy diamond.
1. Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls -David Sedaris
Damn, I love David Sedaris. Plus he's touring again and coming to Charlotte. This will be my third time seeing him! Is it April 26 yet?!
Happy 2013, Reader! I hope that this is an amazing year for everyone!