Thursday, June 27, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones

Last June I was going through a very rough time in my life. I was dealing with a ginormous family emergency and I was trying to move to a new city, locate a new job, help my family as much as possible, and trying to deal with the fact that I would not be going back to graduate school in the fall. I had a rough damn summer in 2012. However, one of my bright spots of that summer was reading Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones. I loved the escape that this book gave me from all of the hardships that I was experiencing in my own life at the time.

Read my full review of Silver Sparrow.

Happy Thursday! I'm actually writing this on Tuesday (and I wrote yesterday's review of Ender's Game on Tuesday as well) since I am set to have my first round of two oral surgeries tomorrow morning. I get to have two wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow and then I get to go back in a week later and have perio scaling and root planning done on three teeth. Despite all that fun oral surgery I'm in for, I'm still having a better summer this year than I did last year! Hopefully when this gets posted I'm not in too much pain and I'll be able to post my Friday Reads tomorrow. I've got to finish Tell The Wolves I'm Home for Book Club and I started Legend by Marie Lu last night and I am desperate to get back to that one as well as starting Cinder by Melissa Meyer. Anyway, happy Thursday and keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment